Winter Themed Word Problems
The winter word problems are listed by grade.
All the winter word problems are dynamic (in other words, they regenerate a new problem each time you open them or click refresh on your browser).
The words in the particular problem will not change but the numbers will. Children who struggle converting a word problem into a math equation will find it reassuring to revisit the same verbal clues with different numbers. This repetition can be a great confidence builder.
When reviewing the word problems, you may find the math itself to be a little bit easier than you would expect from the grade. This is intentional - keep in mind how challenging it is for the children to sift through the verbal clues and figure out what they need to do to the numbers provided to find the answers.
Please close the worksheet window when you have finished printing the worksheet.
Grade 1 Winter Themed Word Problems:
- Problem 1: Addition of two numbers (between 0 and 10)
Grade 2 Winter Themed Word Problems
- Problem 1: Addition of two numbers (between 0 and 99)
Grade 3 Winter Themed Word Problems
- Problem 1: Addition of three numbers
Grade 4 Winter Themed Word Problems
- Problem 1: Multiplication of two digit numbers.
Grade 5 Winter Themed Word Problems
- Problem 1: Long multiplication and simple division (answers have no remainders)