Word Family Phonics - ed, en, et
The word families ed, en and et demonstrate the short vowel e sound.
Free Word Family Activities
- Draw the word families: draw a picture of the
following word families in action!
- Ned led the girl with the red sled
- the men chased the hen around her pen
- Bret, the vet, helped my pet
- Create your own word family sentences using the ones above as a model. Try to create at least one sentence for each family.
- Create a short rhyme using your word families. This
is a good activity to do as a group. Here are some examples:
First, I think, you will be fed.
Then, I think, you're off to bed!
In the secret, wooded glen.
Lives a very lovely wren.
Mom, where did I put my net?
I have to run and catch my pet!
- Other activities:
- Use the free printable worksheets provided to reinforce the activities.
- Flash card activities:
These cards can be used for sentence building with the sentence sequencing activities.