Word Family Phonics - in, ip, it
The word families in, it and it demonstrate the short vowel i sound.
Free Word Family Activities
- Draw the word families: draw a picture of the
following word families in action!
- I want my twin to win.
- Be careful not to tip the ship.
- I always sit when I knit.
- Create your own word family sentences using the ones above as a model. Try to create at least one sentence for each family.
- Create a short rhyme using your word families. This
is a good activity to do as a group. Here are some examples:
The blue fish had a giant fin.
Very tall and very thin.
Snip, snip, snip, snip.
Bits of paper, strip by strip.
A lovely fire, we have lit.
In our special fire pit.
- Other activities:
- Use the free printable worksheets provided to reinforce the activities.
- Flash card activities:
These cards can be used for sentence building with the sentence sequencing activities.