Word Family Phonics - in, ip, it
The word families in, it and it demonstrate the short vowel i sound.
Free Word Family Activities
- Draw the word families: draw a picture of the
following word families in action!
- I want my twin to
- Be careful not to tip
- I always sit when I knit.
- Create your own word family sentences using the ones above
as a model. Try to create at least one sentence for each family.
- Create a short rhyme using your word families. This
is a good activity to do as a group. Here are some examples:
The blue fish had a giant fin.
Very tall and very thin.
Bits of paper, strip by strip.
A lovely fire, we have lit.
In our special fire pit.
- Other activities:
- Use the free printable worksheets
provided to reinforce the activities.
- Flash card activities:
These cards can be used for sentence building with the sentence
Print two copies of the flashcard worksheets to play "concentration"
(the memory game). Or print the flash card worksheets from a number of
word families to play "go
fish" or "snap".
Flash cards for the word families (6 each) [in]