Word Families - ack, and, ash
The word families ack, and & ash demonstrate the short vowel a sound.
Free Word Family Activities
- Draw the word families: draw a picture of the
following word families in action!
wore a pack
on his back
- Please do not stand on my hand
- I found some cash in the trash
- Jack wore a pack on his back
- Create your own word family sentences using the ones above as a model. Try to create at least one sentence for each family.
- Create a short rhyme using your word families. This
is a good activity to do as a group. Here are some examples:
Don't step on the crack.
Or you'll break your mother's back.
I searched the land, I searched the sand.
But could not find the golden band.
My brother and I clash in a flash.
Whenever he throws my dolls in the trash.
- Other activities:
- Use the free printable worksheets provided to reinforce the activities.
- Flash card activities:
These cards can be used for sentence building with the sentence sequencing activities.