Word Families - ank, ink
Free Word Family Activities
- Draw the word families: draw a picture of the
following word families in action!
- I drove the tank to the bank.
- I think the boat will sink.
- Create your own word family sentences using the ones above
as a model. Try to create at least one sentence for each family.
- Create a short rhyme using your word families. This
is a good activity to do as a group. Here are some examples:
I took a sip and slowly drank,
My juice -- while my ship sank.
My clothes were stained by purple ink,
So I washed them in the sink.
- Other activities:
- Use the free printable worksheets
provided to reinforce the activities.
- Flash card activities:
These cards can be used for sentence building with the sentence
Print two copies of this worksheet to play "concentration"
(the memory game). Or print the flash card worksheets from a number of
word families to play "go
fish" or "snap".
Flash cards for the word families (6 each)