[Back] [Activities] [List of Words] [Printable Worksheets]
Word Families - ale, ame, ay
The word families ale, ame and ay demonstrate the long vowel a sound.
I'm torn -- it might be better to introduce the word families ale and ame together (they are both long a vowels with the 'e' at the end to make the long a sound) and then introduce the ay word family in a separate lesson. If your child caught onto set 5 (ate and ake) quite easily, you can introduce ale, ame and ay together as one large lesson. If your child struggled with ate and ake, split this into two lessons: (1) ale and ame; (2) ay.
Free Printable Word Family Phonics Worksheets
- Draw a line from the picture to the word [ale] [ame] [ay]
- Fill in the blank and draw the sentence [ale] [ame] [ay]
- Fill in the blanks to make the right word [ale] [ame] [ay]
- Flash cards for the word families (6 each) [ale] [ame] [ay]
- List of Word Family words (in color) [ale] [ame] [ay]
- ... (in B&W) [ale] [ame] [ay]
- Word Endings printouts (Flash Cards)