My ___ Book
Provide the child with all of the letters plus a number of copies of the phonics ending you are working on. Let's use "an" as an example. Ask the children to glue the squares onto a piece of paper to make as many different words as they can.
I like to make a small booklet this way by cutting 8 1/2 x 11 inch sheets of paper into three 8 1/2 x 3 2/3 inch pieces and stapling them to create:
- Glue one AN square onto the title page
- On subsequent pages glue a lower case letter
the AN square to form as many words as possible: (or print the words
if you prefer that to building them with the flash cards)
- ban, can, and fan are examples
- STRETCH: to stretch this exercise, have
the children use the word in a sentence and write the sentences in their
- The school will ban pokemon cards if we fight over them.
- I can do phonics.
- When it is hot, I fan myself.
- Word Family Endings Flash Cards
- Lower Case Letters Flash Cards